- Penner Gagner Eberle Line 1A
Puck control and short quick passes are the name of the game for this line.
- Hall Brule Hemsky Line 1B
High speed for this line to go anlong with high velocity shots.
- Paajarvi Horcoff Cogliano Line 1C
Potential to be a counterpunch type line.
- Jones Fraser Stortini
Crash and bang line, need to break even to be useful.
- 25 minute a night pairing, put in all situations.
- Pedestrian 2nd pairing, as long as they protect their own net, they will survive.
- Strudwick will allow Peckham to play more of an aggressive game than Vandermeer will allow.
- The Oilers need to get off the pot when it comes to the goalies. This will become an issue real quick if the oilers don't have another body they can switch out at forward. Having just MacIntyre as an extra forward isn't enough.
- Right now I look at this team and wonder how much better the D would be if they just simply switched out Vandermeer for Petry. The Oilers have a need for Petry and it won't be long before he gets the call.
- If the Oilers have any chance to make the playoffs this year, I would look out for Cogliano getting dealt for a veteran 3rd liner that can PK. Eventually when the oilers make the next step, they will have to address an actual checking line.
- 4th liners gotta play better, plain and simple, if they don't, I'd expect players such as Ondrus and Stewart, potentially even Hartikainen to get a shot. They are far more tenacious than what the current 4th line has.