Thursday, February 2, 2012
Pre-Game: Game #51 Oilers vs. Black Hawks
Last time Chicago was in town, the Oilers waxed them 9-2. Not much has gone right for the Oilers since then. The Oilers are coming a mundane 3-2 victory over the Colorado Avalanche where I thought neither team played all that well. The Oilers aren't in a position to grade wins but they can stand to do better. 11 games left until the trade deadline, by then hopefully the team will have a new look and direction. Not sure what to make of this game against the Black Hawks, judging on past history, I'm expecting a dog of the game for the Oilers, considering they didn't look very sharp or hungry against the Avalanche. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Cam Barker and Tom Gilbert are all very close to returning to the lineup. Will likely be a game time decisions for tonight. Black Hawks come into this game losers of 3 in a row, losing in overtime to Vancouver 3-2 on Tuesday night. You have to figure the Black hawks will have a chip on their shoulder in this game, for a variety of reasons.
Forwards Black Hawks
-Hossa and Toews are among the top 10 in scoring.
Defense Black Hawks
- Oilers defense coming around but Keith and Seabrook are among the best tandem in the NHL.
- Dubnyk has played well over his last 3 games, let see if he can continue that.
Special Teams Oilers
- Chicago has the 28th PK in the NHL, Edmonton has the 3rd PP.
Coaching Black Hawks
- Joel Quennville has a Stanley Cup ring, Tom Renney has been better over the last 3 games.
- Oilers have home cooking.
Game Time - 7:30 PM MT @ Rexall Place on TSN.