Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Depth Chart: February 2012 Edition
IR - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Cam Barker, Tom Gilbert, Taylor Fedun.
IR - Tristan Grant, Linus Omark, Tyler Pitlick, Bryan Helmer, Kevin Montgomery, Ryan Lowery.
- OKC is clipping along at a 29-11-5 record, the best in the Western Conference. A playoff spot is almost certain them, if not home ice advantage throughout. OKC is riding strong defensive play and consistant goaltending. If Tom Renney is ever moved along from the Oilers, Todd Nelson should get some strong consideration for the job. The Edmonton Oilers sit 14th in the Western Conference and as of today, would own the 2nd overall pick, lottery aside. Only the Columbus Blue Jackets own a worse record. The Edmonton Oilers, in theory, should be busy, from now up to trade deadline day.
Shopping list: Oilers
- Top 6 Power forward winger. I believe Ales Hemsky and Sam Gagner will be moved in order to make room for such a player. A strong power forward would help amplify the play of Taylor Hall and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. To be honest, 2 of these would be nice.
- Waterbug offensive Dman. The Oilers need a Dman that can provide some offense and push the pace with his legs and vision. Outlet passes have haunted the Oilers this season.
Shopping list: OKC
- Defensive depth. OKC defense, much like the big club has been decimated by injury, but is still holding up in spite of that. If OKC plans on going far in the playoffs, they will need some help here.
- Scoring center. One more scoring center on this club would go a long way to help this team. Josh Green and Tanner House are the two top centers at the moment.