Thursday, March 1, 2012
Depth Chart: March 2012 Edition
IR - Taylor Fedun.
IR - Alex Plante, Curtis Hamilton, Kevin Montgomery, Ryan Lowery.
- OKC is clipping along at a 35-15-5 record, the best in the Western Conference. A playoff spot is certain for them, if not home ice advantage throughout. OKC is riding strong defensive play and consistant goaltending. If Tom Renney is ever moved along from the Oilers, Todd Nelson should get some strong consideration for the job. The Edmonton Oilers sit 14th in the Western Conference and as of today, would own the 2nd overall pick, lottery aside. Only the Columbus Blue Jackets own a worse record. The Oilers made 2 deals near the deadline. They acquired Bryan Rodney from the Anaheim organization for Ryan O'Marra and shipped out Tom Gilbert to the Wild for Nick Schultz.
Shopping list: Oilers
- Top 6 Power forward winger. I believe this is still a need even though the Oilers decided on keeping Ales Hemsky. Hemsky is the placeholder for the power forward in question.
- Waterbug offensive Dman. The Oilers need a Dman that can provide some offense and push the pace with his legs and vision. Outlet passes have haunted the Oilers this season. One that shoots right would be ideal now that Tom Gilbert has moved along.
- Starting goaltender. Khabibulin can no handle the workload and Dubnyk has proved to be too flaky to be a starting goaltender. One that is athletic and can handle the workload would be ideal for the Oilers.
Shopping list: OKC
- With Paajarvi and Lander being sent to OKC recently and omark returning from injury, this team looks ready to roll. Bryan Rodney was brought in to bring in some defensive depth. Yann Danis is returned to OKC after getting a cup of coffee with the big club. I look for good things from OKC in the spring.