The Oilers have a shooutout win and a shootout loss to their credit so far this year. The Canucks should provide a stiff test for the Oilers tonight, to see how far their battle tested minds and bodies have come so far. The Canucks are ending a road trip, in which they have already been out east in this young season. The Oilers themselves are coming off a 2-1 shootout loss in Minnesota. The fans seem a little less patient with the Oilers this year. Perhaps its a sign that the fans all want this team to grow up and be the team we all want them to be. This is a big game and a big test for the Oilers early on this season. Either it will put the fans at ease a bit, or it will make those barks even louder. Should be interesting to see the reaction after this game.
- It's all gonna come down to Jekyll and Hyde Luongo.
- Something tells me the Sedins are going to feast tonight.
- Bieksa and Edler are better than anything the Oilers currently have.
Special Teams Canucks
- Without Hemsky, the Oilers power play will be hurting tonight.
- Tom Renney and his staff really need to win this battle if they want to win tonight.
- The Canucks are ending a long road trip. May be a little fatigued.
Game Time - 8PM MT @ Rexall Place on CBC