Sunday, January 15, 2012
Pre-Game: Game #44 Oilers vs. Kings
It feels like the season just ended but yet there is 38 games left to go in the season. A lot of meaningless games to play in another bunk of a season. The Oilers are going to need better efforts from the Smyth-Horcoff-Jones line in order to find a way to win a game. They were soundly beaten by the Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry line. The teams a mess right now. Not a lot of energy, wondering where the scoring is coming from with RNH and Eberle out, the defense is paper thin with all of their Dmen likely 5-6 guys playing well above their capabilities. The defense has some bad mixture to it. You have Sutton, Peckham, Smid, and Teubert who don't piss a drop offensively, then you have Petry who trying to find his game but manufactures little in terms of offense at the moment and Potter who only puts up points on the power play. The defense offensively is real dry. The Kings are coming into this game fresh off a 4-1 victory in Calgary last night. They look to be back on track. Another game, another chance at redemption, hopefully they come out with an effort that doesn't waste everyone's time.
- Big, physical forwards will be a handful for the Oilers defense.
- The Oilers defense is pretty limited in what it can do.
- I get the feeling we'll see Dubnyk tonight and he hasn't played well at all lately.
Special Teams Kings
- Without RNH and Eberle, the Oilers power play is in the dump and the Oilers can't seem to go a game without giving up a power play goal.
- Darryl Sutter will get the Kings playing like they should.
- Back to back for the Kings? Who cares, the Oilers lost the last two games to teams coming in on a back to back.
Game Time - 6 PM MT @ Rexall Place on Sportsnet West.