Monday, January 2, 2012
Pre-Game: Game #38 Oilers vs. Black Hawks
I must say, watching these games lately is getting tougher and tougher to watch, knowing that some sort of Tom Foolery will happen in the game that will likely cost the Oilers a goal or two. I would think a lot of the Oilers fans are deeply frusterated with the team, otherwise I would say you aren't much of a fan. Whatever happens from here, happens, but I'm hoping there is some accountibility held for those in positions to make decisions as well as some on ice personnel. This team is has become the laughing stock of the league. There are some measures that could be taken so the Oilers won't be drafting first again (aka. finding some bigger forwards, perhaps a puck moving Dman), but I'm starting to think that being brutal is part of the mandate. Another game, another month, another season of starting to feel numb towards everything Oilers. I'm sure there will be some feel good games from now until the end of the year, but its time to see what the 2012 draft awaits our beloved Oilers. The Black Hawks come into this game the best team in the NHL with 52 points and 8-2 in their last 10. They beat Detroit 3-2 on Friday night. I shudder to think what the outcome of this game might be since the last game they played, the Oilers laid the beat down on them 9-2.
Fowards Black Hawks
- To think Patrick Kane is 4th on his team in points. Sharp, Toews and Hossa have more at the moment. That's depth.
Defense Black Hawks
- I'm sure Duncan Keith will be better than the last time the Hawks played the Oilers.
- Khabibulin is going to have to steal one in order to have any chance to win this game.
Special Teams Oilers
- Pk for the Hawks is 27th. Perhaps some inroads there?
Coaching Black Hawks
- I really hope Renney is getting orders from above because some of his decision making lately has been very questionable.
Intangibles Black Hawks
- The Hawks are finishing up a home stand while the Oilers are smack dab in the middle of a long road trip.
Game Time - 6:30 PM MT @ Chicago on Sportsnet West.