Thursday, January 19, 2012
Pre-Game: Game #46 Oilers vs. Blues
The Oilers head into St. Louis to take on the Blues tonight. The Oilers are coming off a 4-2 loss in Columbus where they started off with a 2-0 lead then slowly let it slip away from there. Taylor Hall had a mishap in the pregame skate in Columbus where he lost an edge and consequently took Corey Potter's skate blade to the head. He's likely out for tonight's game as well. Tough times for the Oilers now. Depleted lineup, no cavalry coming to save the day. All they can do is compete hard and hope for the best. The offense has dried up real fast with the "big 3" out of the lineup now. It's once again the time of year to look for the smallest of positives in what has turned into another dreadful season. St. Louis comes into this game winners 6 out of 7, coming off a 1-0 win against the Stars. Two weeks ago the Oilers dropped a 4-3 decision to St. Louis, in another game they let slip away.
- No RNH, Eberle and now Hall. Tough luck.
- Oilers are depleted back their too.
- Both Halak and Elliot are playing well these days.
Special Teams Oilers
- Oilers PK looking ragged but the Blues PP is ranked 27th.
- Ken Hitchcock has the Blues playing at the top of their game while Tom Renney is out of answers.
- Home ice and last change for the Blues will give the Oilers fits tonight.
Oilers: (my version)
Game Time - 6 PM MT @ St. Louis on Sportsnet West.