Saturday, December 3, 2011
Pre-Game: Game #27 Oilers vs. Flames
The Oilers got a much needed 2 points against the last place BlueJackets last night as they doggedly pursue that playoff spot. The Oilers are only entering game #27 tonight, but they are in a position where they cannot afford to let points slip away if they want to be in the dogfight known as the playoff race. The Oilers face the 13th place Flames tonight, another 2 points that are there for the taking. What kind of Oiler team we'll get tonight is anyone guess. I'm guessing it will either be the team that gets pushed around and allows the other team to do as it will or the Oilers will be a team that dazzles and works hard for the win. While its a large range they run, there just doesn't seem to be a lot inbetween with this team. Calgary comes into this game winners of 2 of their last 3 but dropped a 4-3 shootout loss to Columbus on Thursday night. I still think a couple of power forwards are going to be needed if the Oilers want to be serious about playoffs, but lets all sit back, enjoy and go bipolar.
- The Oilers have Ryan Jones...'nuff said. Oh and that RNH guy is pretty good too.
- The Flames lost their best Dman in Giordano for 3 months with a leg injury.
- I know Khabibulin is rolling hot but Kiprusoff always seems to have the Oilers number.
Special Teams Oilers
- Oilers still top 10 in PP and PK.
- I still don't like the Oilers lines. At the very least switch spots with Smyth and Paajarvi.
- The Oilers had to drain the tank in that third period come back last night.
Oilers: (my version)
Game Time - 8 PM MT @ Rexall Place on CBC.