Saturday, December 31, 2011
Depth Chart: January 2012 Edition
IR - Barker, Plante.
IR - Omark, Brule, Pitlick, Cornet, Kyntar, Chorney.
- The Oilers went 3-9 in December while OKC went 6-3-3, so OKC continue to tread water while the big club drowns in the deep end. Colten Teubert was just sent down today while Andy Sutton came back from suspension. That frees up a spot for the Oilers to do Lord knows what, probably nothing. Its funny to see how OKC has run through a lot of bodies but keep churning out the wins while the Oilers have been as healthy as they have been all year and can't buy a win. Something to be said about team structure and having a plan or a clue.
Shopping list: Oilers
- Power forward winger. It's likely too late for Owen Nolan now, but he shure would be nice to have at the beginning of the year. If not Nolan than someone like him, essentially a power forward that can shoot right and shoot often.
- Waterbug Dman. Someone that can skate pucks out of trouble. Lack of mobility has hurt the Oilers at times. Ultimately, a top pairing Dman would be nice but top pairing Dmen don't grow on tress.
Shopping list: OKC
- Enforcer on the farm. Could use someone with a bit of fisticuffs to help Tyrvainen amplify his banging and crashing style.
- Defenseman depth. OKC and the big club are losing Dmen to injuries and suspensions, is really thinning out both clubs. Could use a top 4, but might be better off waiting to be healthy once again.