Thursday, December 15, 2011
Pre-Game: Game #31 Oilers vs. Coyotes
The Oilers are back at it after a long layoff. They haven't played since Saturday. It will be interesting to see how the Oilers come out on this one. They lost 4-2 in their last meeting in Phoenix, a time when the Oilers were running out and have since fizzled out. Taylor Hall and potentially Corey Potter could be back in the lineup this game. Should boost a lineup that has been less than stellar lately, especially in that "barn-burner" 3-0 loss to the Flames. What can the Oilers do in this game? I dunno, go wake up Steve Tambellini?
- Taylor Hall's presence in the lineup helps significantly.
- Keith Yandle stabilizes the backend end for a deep, underrated defense corps.
- Khabibulin's numbers are amongst the best in the league even if they are starting to slip.
Special Teams Oilers
- Phoenix has the worst power play in the NHL, now watch them score 2 on the PP.
- Dave Tippett will have his team play a patient game, something Oilers' team don't excel at.
- Oilers haven't played since Saturday while Phoenix played last night in Anaheim.
Game Time - 7:30 PM MT @ Phoenix on Sportsnet Edmonton.