Saturday, November 5, 2011
Pre-Game: Game #13 Oilers vs. Coyotes
The Oilers are on fire! They come into this game with the Coyotes 8-2-2, winners of 6 in a row. The Oilers will try to continue to ride strong defense and timely scoring, in order to continue on the winning streak. This is game #2 of a 6 game road trip. The Coyotes are coming off a 3-0 loss to the Predators on Thursday night. The Coyotes have had a very Jekyll and Hyde type season so far. It will be an interesting test for the Oilers, in the sense, on paper, it should be a game they win. The Oilers have done wonders will some of the harder tests this year, let's see what happens when an easier opponent, at least on paper, is at their disposal. Phoenix is 6-4-2 heading into tonight's game.
- With the 2nd and 4th lines getting into the action, the Oilers are starting to get balanced scoring.
- The Coyotes have mobile D that like to create offense, the Oilers' wingers will have to be wary of this.
- Would you bet against the Oilers goaltending right now?
Special Teams Oilers
- The Oilers come in with the 10th ranked power play and the 4th ranked penalty kill. Phoenix is 17th and 10th respectively.
- Dave Tippett always seems to find a way to get more out of his teams than he should.
- Winners of 6 in a row against a team coming off a 3-0 loss. The Oilers will have to jump on them early and often.
Game Time - 8PM MT @ Phoenix on CBC.