Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Pre-Game: Game #14 Oilers vs. Canadians
The Oilers continue on the long road trip bringing their show to the east coast. The Oilers 6 game winning streak was brought to an end by Phoenix on Saturday night in a 4-2 loss. Now we get to see where the true moxie of this team lies. My motto is, you usually know what your team is by how they respond after a loss. Here's the Oilers' chance to put that to the test. Tonight, the Oielrs face the Montreal Canadians. The Canadians are off to a 5-6-2 start coming off a 5-3 loss to the Rangers. Prior to that they had won four in a row. Ales Hemsky should find himself back in the lineup tonight. It's a good a time as any to get him back in after a loss. Seems to be a running debate in the media who should come out for him. They mention everyone from Petrell to Eager to Lander to Jones, heck even Paajarvi. To me, the answer is Sam Gagner. We'll see later tonight where the answer lies in that. This is a very winnable game and a good matchup for the Oilers.
- With Hemsky back in the lineup it gives the Oilers another weapon at forward.
- The Canadians defense are struggling at both ends of the ice. The Oilers defense continues to be steady.
- Price has been inconsistant this year, while Khabibulin should get the chance to continue his hot ways.
Special Teams Oilers
- The Canadians have the 23rd ranked power play while the Oilers have the 6th ranked penalty kill. Should make some in roads there.
- Renney would be wise to just let the lines roll tonight. Get his 4th line out there early and often to pound bodies on the forecheck.
- Oilers have coming from Phoenix and may have a bit of sea legs. Canadians would be wise to come out fast tonight and score early.
Game Time: 5:30 PM MT @ Montreal on Sportsnet West.