Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Pre-Game: Game #21 Oilers vs. Predators
Back to back games. How can they find a win in this road trip? Playing all this gritty battle tested lineups that are licking their chops to piledrive the Oilers at every turn. How do the Oilers find two points tonight? I'm thinking Tom Renney is looking at his lineup wondering that himself. I'm guessing Paajarvi and Eager find their way back into the lineup, question is who comes out? Personally, I'd tell Gagner and Hemsky to take a seat but I know they won't do that. Roll with lines Smyth-Horcoff-Jones, Hall-RNH-Eberle, Paajarvi-Lander-Petrell, Eager-Belanger-Hordichuk. Go with as beefy a lineup as one could get with this current team. I know it won't happen, but thats just me. Nashville comes into this game 5-1-2 in November, coming off a 4-3 OT loss against Columbus. The Oilers best line, whatever it might be tonight, will figure to see a lot of Weber and Suter. Much like last night, it figures to be another trap game, difference is Nashville comes in a lot hotter than Dallas did.
- The Oilers have the talent, just not the muscle.
- Suter and Weber, for my money, are the best pair in the NHL.
- Lehtonen last night, Rinne tonight. Tough sledding.
Special Teams Oilers
- Need to win this battle for victory. Top 7 in both PP and PK.
- I'm sure Barry Trotz will know how to approach this game.
- Back to back set for the Oilers while the Predators haven't played since Saturday.
Game Time - 6PM MT @ Nashville on Sportsnet West.