The Oilers ar in the 2nd half of a back to back set. Yesterday they took on the Bruins and lost 6-3, a game that revealed a lot of things we feared in this years edition of the Oilers. A lack of strength. The Oilers got pushed around for 60 minutes and ultimately lost the game. It was a game that really took its toll on the defense as they coughed up the puck endlessly last night. Tonight, they face a different type of team but a tough one nonetheless. The Oilers take on the battle tested Red Wings as they head a little closer to home. This is Game #5 in a 5 game trip. The Red Wings are coming off a 5-2 win against the Avalanche on Tuesday and are winners of 2 in row. I'm expecting Magnus Paajarvi to be back in the lineup tonight, who comes out is anyone's guess. Andy Sutton should find his way back into the lineup as well after serving his 5 game suspension. Cam Barker looks like he's out for tonight after injuring his ankle. Nikolai Khabibulin, who should have started last night, should start tonight. This is a swing game that could make or break the trip. The Oilers are going to need a good effort tonight, even though the legs may be a little weary.
- Datsyuk and Zetterberg and a cast of Oilers have to be chomping at the bit at the weary Oilers.
- Lidstrom will pose a different kind of threat than Chara did last night, but will be equaally as difficult a challenge.
- Khabibluin will be the lone chance the Oilers have salvaging anything out of the game, as long as he starts right Mr. Renney?
Special Teams Red Wings
- Red Wings power play, year in, year out, is pretty lethal, would be wise to keep the penalties to a minimum tonight.
Coaching Red Wings
- Mike Babcock runs his team like a well-oiled machine and the kid line figues to be in for a rough ride tonight.
Intangibles Red Wings
- Red Wings haven't played since Tuesday while the Oilers are on the 2nd half of a back to back while at the end of the entire road trip.
Game Time - 5:30 PM MT @ Detroit on Sportsnet Oilers.