Monday, November 21, 2011
Pre-Game: Game #20 Oilers vs. Stars
And just like that, all is well in Oilerville. The Oilers laid the smack on the Blackhawks 9-2 on Saturday to end a 4 game losing streak in style. If the Oilers keep this up, they will ensure their fans and coaching staff will be totally bipolar by years' end. How do they take the momentum of last game into this game against the Stars? Well, they can't. It was one of those cames where things came very easily for the Oilers and they will have to know that every game isn't going to be like that. They will still have to work hard, keep the puck moving forward and make simple plays. This game against the Stars is a trap game. A game where the Oilers will feel high and mighty, but will they take care of the puck and make smart plays? We'll revisit this one at the end of the game. The Stars come into this game losers of 5 in a row, after a hot start, losing 4-1 to San Jose on Saturday night. Dallas is having all kind of issues scoring goals lately as they have only socred 1 goal in their last 3 games. It will be interesting to see how Dallas approaches this game.
- The kids got back on track Saturday. 5 assists for RNH, 4 points for Eberle and 3 goals for Hall.
- Stars by a hair as the Oilers defense is being held together by duct tape and binder twine.
- Kari Lehtonen has been the Stars MVP and Vezina worthy season so far from him.
Special Teams Oilers
- The Oilers have the 4th ranked power play in the NHL and the 6th ranked penalty kill. Special teams has been solid this year.
- Long flight for the Oilers after a late Saturday game. The start will be very important for both teams.
Game Time - 6:30 PM MT @ Dallas on Sportsnet Oilers.